The legislature is scheduled to meet for 37 days for the 2021 Session. The last day of session is March 29th. There are nine weeks of session this year and the legislature will usually meet 4 days per week (either Tuesday thru Friday or Monday thru Thursday). The final day of regular session is March 11th. The legislature will then recess for two weeks and return on March 29th to consider any gubernatorial vetoes.
Below are the deadlines for legislative action on bills:
• Feb. 3 Final day for introduction of individual bills and joint resolutions;
• Feb. 4 Final day for introduction of committee bills and joint resolutions;
• Feb. 24 Last day to move required delivery of bills or resolutions by a committee to the house of origin;
• Feb. 25 Last day to pass bills or joint resolutions by the house of origin; Last day for final introduction of Concurrent/House/Senate resolutions.
• Mar. 4 Last day to move required delivery of bills or resolutions by a committee to the second house; and last day for introduction of commemorations.
• Mar. 8 Last day for a bill or joint resolution to pass both houses;
• Mar. 15-26 Recess;
• Mar. 29 Final day of the legislative session; reserved for consideration of
Be sure to check out your community cracker barrels during the session. These meetings will give you a good feel of what’s being talked about and the bills that have surfaced. It’s also a great opportunity for you to visit with your local legislators one-on-one.
We will keep you posted on any bills that come forward during the session. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office at any time if you should have any questions. (#800-721-1789)